1 cup of fine table sugar
1/2 cup fine ground coffee
1 cup hazelnut oil
Just mix it up and get to scrubbing!
- Sugar- Is a good exfoliant and is a natural humectant.
- Coffee- Has plenty of naturaul antioxidants in addition to caffeine which is a vasodilator, tightening and smoothing the skin. It can help with cellulite as well as fine lines. Plus a new study shows that just the scent of coffee kick-starts the brain.
- Hazelnut Oil- Is considered a dry oil and leaves the skin velvety not oily. A gentle and easily absorbed moisturizer very high in vitamin E. It is also a natural astringent which makes it a great choice for oily or acne prone skin. Hazelnut oil makes this a good choice for a face scrub as long as you apply it gently and don't over scrub your skin.
Optional Recipe Tweaks-
- Hazelnut Oil can be a bit pricey, you can split the recipe with another good skin oil like Macadamia nut or EVOO and still get most of the benefits.
- Try adding vanilla essential oil for extra aromatherapy.
- Add a few tablespoons of cinnamon for a scent twist and extra anti-inflammatory properties.