- 1cup fine sugar- to exfoliate and as a natural humectant
- 3/4 cup Macadamia Nut Oil - comparable to natural oil produced by your skin, great moisturizer
- 1/2 cup dried course ground grapefruit peel - to exfoliate and aromatherapy calming & invigorating
First peel 2 medium grapefruits.
Then snip the peels into thin strands.
Bake in the oven at 150 degrees for 30 minutes.
Place in blender on grate setting if possible, about 60 seconds should get you about 1/2 cup of coarse ground peel.
Now thoroughly mix the sugar and peel...
Slowly pour in the oil and mix very well. Add additional scent if desired, I put in a 15 drops of "Something Fabulous" Grapefruit Blush scent. The Macadamia Nut Oil has a nut like scent that gives the grapefruit scent a robust undertone.
It feels like heaven and leaves your skin revitalized and silken. Not to mention pepping up your mood with that sunshine citrus scent.
- 15-30 drops of essential oil - for additional aromatherapy
- 2tbsp Ginger - for anti-inflammatory properties and complimentary scent
- 2tbs Honey - for ant-inflammatory and humectant properties
- In place of Macadamia Nut Oil-
- vitamin E, sesame, grapeseed, olive, jojoba, almond, apricot, or sunflower
- In place of fine sugar-
- fine salt, brown sugar, evaporated cane sugar, or organic raw sugar
- In place of grapefruit peel -
- orange, lemon, lime, or any other citrus fruit will have similar invigorating effects.